Thursday, May 13, 2010

The power of the story to affect reality

I recently read this article by Carl Kirby, a former air traffic controller for the Chicago O'Hare International Airport. The article addresses how science fiction stories made him question God's existence and also God's goodness. We often stay "but it is just entertainment, it isn't real." While that is true in its strictest sense, we often do interpret reality through the fiction that we read and see.

However, if the story can be used to make people doubt God, it may be able to do the reverse and present a strong case for God and the Bible. I had already thought about writing a science fiction story and this article may prove to be a catalyst to help me get going on it. I'll set up another blog to follow the progress on that story so that this blog and focus more on the Will of the Author series.

Update: I've created a new blog to outline and follow the creation of my science fiction story.
http://thealiensfromearth.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment